The questions are addressed to experts. Experts are specialists who know the specific parts of the researched subject. In most cases surveys with experts are conducted with authority representatives, scientists, employees of higher educational institutions and organizations of scientific research collaborators of non-governmental structures, private expert or consultation structures, members of councils of experts, executives of the companies or executives of large branches etc.
ADVANTAGES OF EXPERT INTERVIEWS:
– Ability to receive information from professionals, specialists;
– Ability to receive professional assesment and opinions, that exist in the experts’ circle;
– Ability to check assumptions and thoughts already existing in the discussion with experts.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXPERT INTERVIEWS:
– Interview duration and the reduced number – usually the number of interviews is from 10 to 20 in a research;
– Influencing outcomes, by the myths and rules researched in the professional field and the subjectivism of perception of the research data;
Comparatively high price.