This research enables your company to track and focus its attention on segments that have a larger perspective in terms of profitability.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF SEGMENTATION:
– determination of the target market needs, desires, possibilities for consumers;
– determination of advantages, of the most important characteristics and properties of the product;
– meeting the needs of the target audience;
– determination of company’s advantages and disadvantages in the fighting over the target market;
– identification of more perspective market niches which are not yet occupied by competitors;
– determining the purposes for conducting marketing activities;
THE ADVANTAGES OF SEGMENTATION:
– obtaining your own market share;
– meeting the needs of target audience;
– amplification of the quota of loyal customers;
– decreasing the expenses on pproduction and promotion of products;
– aplivication of company income.
– Characteristics of product consumption, causes of its purchase;
– Demographics (sex, age, nationality);
– Socio-economic status (income level, education, social class, occupation and position, financial situation);
– Regional differentiation;
– The life – style.